888-339-8811 (Toll Free)
Jim Lindell has specialized in civil litigation during his entire career and is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Lindell has been voted a Super Lawyer® in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation in annual polls of Minnesota lawyers conducted by Minnesota Law & Politics and Mpls/St. Paul magazine. Jim was invited to membership in the American Society of Legal Advocates, and in 2012 was named Attorney of the Year by The Minnesota Lawyer. He practices in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Jim is a native of Litchfield, Minnesota. Contributing to his effectiveness in his practice is his broad scope of work experience, including:
- United States Army, 1st Lt. 1966-1969
- Management positions in federal and state government
- Staff aide to the governor of Minnesota
- Firefighting (smoke jumping) for the U.S. Forest Service
- Life-long interest in flying, private pilot license since 1985.
Mr. Lindell is highly regarded by both clients and fellow attorneys. He enjoys a busy workers’ compensation and personal injury practice and receives numerous referrals of those cases from attorneys in other specialties. He is active in the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota and has served as a board member, officer and dean of that organization. Lindell is rated “a.v.” by Martindale Hubble – the highest rating of competence and ethics available. He is also a qualified neutral arbitrator and mediator.
When Jim is not practicing law, he is challenging himself anew. Working on his Wisconsin cabin (which he built from the ground up with his dad), learning to speak Russian, and learning to play the piano are his most recent endeavors.
Besides the firm’s main office in downtown Minneapolis, Jim maintains an office at his lake home in Webb Lake, Wisconsin.
Medical malpractice – Jury finds doctor negligent in care of post-surgical infection. Result – $584,000 in damages awarded.
Negligence – Commercial vehicle collision results in leg amputation. Result – $2.2 million settlement.
Workers’ compensation – Injured carpet layer wins workers’ compensation claim on appeal and secures large personal injury settlement to boot. Result – The workers’ compensation recovery totaled over $165,000 and the third party claim against the negligent driver responsible for the crash settled in mediation for $935,000.
Wrongful Death – Defendant’s excuse in mail carrier’s death disproved. Result – $1.3 million settlement, including $300,000 which the Defendant had to pay from his own pocket.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, Minnesota Bar Association, 1990
- Minnesota, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- International Studies, The American University, Washington
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Honors and Awards
- Voted Super Lawyer® (in top 5% of Minnesota lawyers) every year, 1998 – 2014
- Rated AV, highest rating of Martindale-Hubbell lawyer rating service, for ethical standards and legal ability since 1998 (top 14% of lawyers in America)
- Member of the American Society of Legal Advocates, by invitation extended to less than 2% of lawyers nationwide
- Named one of Minnesota’s top 40 workers’ compensation lawyers by Mpls/St. Paul magazine and Minnesota Law & Politics
- Named Attorney of the Year for 2012 by The Minnesota Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, Member