Jim Lavoie, a longtime resident of the Twin Cities and Milaca, Minnesota, exclusively representing persons who have been injured or who have lost loved ones. He has represented people with all degrees of injuries and loss, devoting his sincere attention and best efforts to all. He takes pride in offering clients the personal attention everyone wants and needs during the difficult time of a life altering injury or loss of a family member.
He attributes his success to his diverse experiences and qualifications, including:
- Army helicopter pilot, 101st Airborne Div., Vietnam, 1970-71
- Ag helicopter crop duster
- Avid outdoorsman
- Labor experiences in jobs such as truck driving, commercial debris hauling, truck and passenger tire service, concrete landscape product finishing, and mechanics
- University of Minnesota honors graduate from both undergraduate school and law school
- Mille Lacs County Attorney 1978-1985
- Volunteer High School Mock Trial Coach and judge, Minnesota State Bar Association mock trial program
- Volunteer Board Member, Milaca Scholarship Foundation
- Member, Pagosa First, community organization, Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Mr. Lavoie began his practice as a prosecutor, serving as Mille Lacs County Attorney, successfully prosecuting all levels of crime, including murder, rape, child sexual abuse, and financial crime. He went into private practice in St. Cloud in 1985, concentrating on civil litigation. In 1991 he moved his practice to Minneapolis where his work has been exclusively on behalf of injured people and families.
Still residing and active in Mille Lacs County, Jim is proud to say that a great many of his clients come from the central Minnesota region, as well as the metropolitan area.
Mr. Lavoie is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He’s been voted a Super Lawyer® in the area of personal injury in annual polls of Minnesota lawyers conducted by Minnesota Law & Politics and Mpls/St. Paul magazine. His is also qualified as a neutral arbitrator and mediator.
Besides the firm’s main office in Minneapolis, Jim maintains an office in Milaca, MN.