Walter Kaminsky has extensive courtroom litigation experience and a lifelong commitment to public service and community involvement. His varied background includes:
- Sherburne County Attorney, 1996 to 2002
- Assistant Mille Lacs and Sherburne County Attorney 1984 to 1989
- 10th Judicial District State and County Public Defender, 1990 to 1995
- Partner, Elk River Law Firm, 1990 to 1995
- Minnesota County Attorneys Association Board Membership
- Caring Rivers United Way Board Membership
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church Board Membership
- Church World Service, CROP Hunger Walk Board Membership
- Guardian Angels Elk River Board Membership - Finance & Ethics Committee, 2010 to 2015
- Elk River area soccer coach, referee, board member and player
- Central Minnesota Legal Services Pro Bono Award — Volunteer Attorney Program, 1994
- Wright County Volunteer Criminal Defense Panel, 2013 to 2014
Walter joined Lindell & Lavoie in June 2003 and has become an asset to the firm with his trial experience and as a source of solid, effective and comprehensive counsel to our clients. Several attorneys throughout Minnesota refer personal injury cases to Mr. Kaminsky.
Walter has also consciously devoted a portion of his practice to Pro Bono representation of the disadvantaged, vulnerable adults, students and the elderly.
Mr. Kaminsky also maintains an office for the firm in Elk River, Minnesota.
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1983
- B.A., University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, 1980
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Minnesota
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- 18th District Bar Association
- State Delegate
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee 2005-2010
Wrongful Death - Motorcyclist killed by commercial vehicle.
Result: $1,200,000 Settlement.
Enraged former boyfriend of client’s daughter smashes car into garage injures client.
Result: $700,000 Settlement.
Shopper hit by falling door at home improvement store.
Result: $115,000 Federal Court Settlement.
Salmonella poisoning at restaurant leads to large settlement.
Result: $74,000 Settlement.
Bicyclist recovers after initially being blamed for accident.
Result: $21,000 Settlement.